ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?

EOYmpyW2PZ4/SdqCX13Nkbl/AAAAAAAACBW/9cn

THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN!

THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

MIRACLES

Nothing says fear like getting a flat tire in the middle of nowhere without a cell phone signal. So there I was coming from a weekend with friends at a lodge outside of Crockett, 9 miles from Corrigan on State Hwy 287. I pulled over when I heard the dastardly sound and checked the tires. The front two tires were brand new. All the tires looked good, so I drove slowly at first back on the highway then got up past 40 when I heard the clop clop clop of what sounded like a flat tire.

On my back under the car (wouldn't you know I was wearing a sun-dress that flew up around my neck by the wind of a passing 18 wheeler), I thought something was stuck under the car. No such luck. My husband was in another state playing golf for the weekend. Everyone I could think of was out of town. Back in the car I decided to keep going slowly on the shoulder. Every time I drove pass 40 I got the flat tire sound.

Push the panic button in the car, call someone, pull over and flag someone down, what should I do? I finally composed myself and prayed to the blessed mother by saying 3 Hail Mary's. Within 5 minutes I saw a busy intersection in the distance and looked at the clock on my dashboard. It read 4:45. I also saw a kid in his early 20's walking on the side of the road coming from the busy
intersection.

I pulled up beside him, lowered my window and asked if he knew of a place where I could get a flat fixed? He knew of a place (that didn't have a name or a sign) but he couldn't explain how to get to it. I asked him did he have time to show me. Away the kid and I drove at 4:55. He was right I never would have found the place.

It was closing time but the boss agreed to help me. The tires were solid. "Brand new," is how my tires were described. Surrounded by a half a dozen men with smirks on their faces was not a good feeling. Back on the highway with one of the mechanics sitting on the passenger's side I accelerated past 40. Clop clop clop clop the loud sound panicked my passenger. "Pull over," he yelled.

Back at the shop, the boss drilled in two screws to hold a piece of plastic in place that had loosened under the front end of my car. Five dollars was all he charged for his troubles. I gave him $20 and asked where the young man was that brought me to the shop. He had to leave and start back home I was told. I whipped the car around and headed back in the direction I had met the young guy. I passed him, and had to go to the next block and turn around. Before he could refuse the $20 I put in his hand, I said "God bless you," and sped away.

Meeting honest people that didn't mind helping, $20. Rewarding a young person for their compassion, $20. Having Mary, the Mother of Jesus, watching over me.....priceless!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Feel free to say this prayer whenever you feel a need. It is not a Catholic thing, it is a faith thing. May the Blessed Mother watch and protect over everyone reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment